CALL FOR NANCY B. OLSON AWARD NOMINATIONS FOR 2012
OLAC's Nancy B. Olson Award Committee is now accepting nominations for the 2012 award. The Nancy B. Olson Award recognizes and honors a librarian who has made significant contributions to the advancement and understanding of audiovisual cataloging. The Committee will select a recipient based on nominations received, subject to approval by the Executive Board at the ALA Midwinter Meeting.
Eligibility for nomination is as follows:
- Nominees may be OLAC members, but membership in the organization is not a requirement;
- The nomination must be accompanied by a statement that provides supporting evidence of the nominees qualifications;
- The nominations and statement(s) must be received by the Award Committee no later than December 31, 2011
- Nominees shall have made contributions to audiovisual cataloging by:
- Furthering the goals of standardization of AV and/or computer file cataloging, including MARC coding and tagging;
- Interpreting AV and/or computer file cataloging rules and developing policies on organization for these materials on the national and/or international levels;
- Promoting the understanding of AV and/or computer file cataloging, coding and data exchange by professionals unfamiliar with these materials and processes.
The award recipient will receive an engraved plaque containing an inscription recognizing his/her special contribution to the field.
Send all nominations by December 31, 2011, to:
Or by mail to:
Sevim McCutcheon, Catalog Librarian
Kent State University Libraries, room 375
1125 Risman Dr.
Kent, OH 44242-0001