OLAC is one of the most active, vital and user friendly library organizations. Membership is open to any person or organization engaged in library work or service.
We offer our members:
- A forum for exchanging information, for solving problems and for learning about the changing world of cataloging non-print materials.
- Workshops, retreats and special seminars for those working in libraries, and other institutions involved in cataloging, indexing and providing access to non-print materials.
- Our newsletter, featuring upcoming events and including news about OLAC's involvement in the ever changing world of non-print cataloging.
- Access the online Membership Directory
- "OLAC-L", an online list serve dedicated to the exchange of information about cataloging non-print materials
- Our bi-annual conference, regularly bringing 400 catalogers and media professionals together for conversation, workshops, speakers and fun. Periodically OLAC has a joint conference with regional or other national library associations.
- Professional development grants and scholarships to encourage continuing education.
- Recognition to individuals and libraries for outstanding contribution to library services.
- Regional and national representation to the the American Library Association, etc.
OLAC, an IRS 501-c3 organization, has a policy making board which meets twice a year. We offer the chance to get involved with other librarians and media professionals working on state, national and international projects and committees. The member year is from January through December.
Joining OLAC is easy!
Visit OLAC’s Membership Management site and select a personal or institutional membership level to get started. Payment can be made via PayPal or by printing the invoice and mailing it with your check made payable to: ON-LINE AUDIOVISUAL CATALOGERS, INC.
Visit OLAC’s Membership Management site enter your email address in the upper right-hand corner, and select “Forgot password?” to get started. Payment options are the same as for new members.